Re: [gef-dev] New Simple(r) Example

Definitely,

would be nice to show how in gef can be done:

working with graphics in clipboard and transfering into other win and apps on different platforms - win, lin, mac
basic .Net UI like object properties boxes people usin window apps are used to
layers
grouping
rotating and some basic squeezing and general filters implemetnation

thanks for great job and cheers

ivan

________________________
Ivan Petruv
Managing Director

AdHoc Ltd.
Karlovo nam. 17
120 00 Prague 2
Czech Republic
tel: 00420 221 986 221
fax: 00420 221 986 225
http://www.adhocsystems.com

Pratik Shah <ppshah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Odeslal: gef-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07.07.2004 23:54

Odpovězte prosím uživateli
gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Komu
gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Kopie
Předmět
[gef-dev] New Simple(r) Example

There have been several requests for a rudimentary example, and we plan to start working on one soon.  It's going to be a drawing editor.  Below is a list of some initial requirements that we have thought of.  If there's anything else you'd like to see added (or removed), please let us know.

- Two basic shapes (ellipse and rectangle) will be supported

- Two types of connections

- Ability to move/resize shapes

- Ability to color shapes (possibly)

- Outline Tree

- Properties View support

- Zooming (possibly)

The basic features you'd expect in an editor of this type (undo/redo, deletion, palette, etc.) will all be supported.  Does this example sound like a good starting point for novices?

Pratik Shah
Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)
http://www.eclipse.org/gef
Ph: (919) 254-5043