[gef-dev] GEF extensibility

Hello,

I am using GEF for writing digramming tool. After going through the
documentation I have following queries.

1)What is extensibility mechanism provided in GEF.  Suppose there are
certain new digramming features which I need in future , are not available
in GEF.  then can I implement them. At what all level can I do this. e.g.
keyboard event , editpart , editpolicy

2)Can I have my own editpolicies , my own edit roles , or my own tools ,
where in I can directly implement the interfaces  editpolicy , tool

3)Can I extend my GEF application by adding plugins for change in behaviour
at runtime. This changes  required may be at controller level , figure level
or even at model level.  This is required because I don't want to change the
GEF application everytime , instead I will just change the supporting
plug-ins.

Is this possible ? If yes How?

Please Reply.
Thanks and Regards,