Re: [gef-dev] About MVC

You don't always create 3 subclasses.  For example, in the Logic editor, all types of "gates" use the same editpart implementation because the way you use them is identical.  Also, you may be able to reuse existing figure implementations, such as Label or PolylineConnection.  Even your model might not use unique Java classes for each type of element in your model.

For factories, it would be cool if a mapping file could be specified in a generic way.  So you could map model objects to EditPart classes in your plugin.xml file for example.  But, I'm not sure how the model's type (often just its Java class) can be identified in all cases.

Thanks for the questions.

无有子 <wuyouz@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/27/2003 11:11 PM