Re: [gef-dev] Snap-to-Grid implementations

I think the choice depends on the coordination system used by children. If the children use the local one, the alignment to grid should be relative to its parent. That means the children of the container will be aligned with each other. Otherwise, they should be aligned with other objects outside that container.

julien
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: [gef-dev] Snap-to-Grid implementations

What if the container itself is not aligned to the grid?  Or, the container is aligned to the grid, but it has some amount of insets which results in its client area not being aligned?  Is the intent that the children of the container be aligned with each other, or are they to be aligned with other objects outside that container?

Thanks,
Randy

"julien" <julien@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx