RE: [gef-dev] How to create model class that will encapsulate an AWT component

The model is totally up to you. You'll define editparts in GEF that
visualize the model using figures, and a property source  (for use in a
eclipse.ui property viewer) to display/edit properties in a property
sheet.

Sounds easy, right? The devil is in the detail of getting your model
right. I've been working on a GUI builder for over a year now, and I've
finally got the right model. (Note that a good chunk of that time was
really getting a grip on how to use GEF, and playing catchup before the
API was stabilized.) It also depends on how flexible you want the
builder to be. I've designed mine to be highly pluggable, so folks can
plug in their own code generators, persisters, GUI component
interrogators, layout manager editing support, and more.

The funny thing is, after working with my model for a while, my final
model ended up being much simpler than I thought it would be at first.
It's all about separation of responsibility...

btw: anyone know if a property viewer is considered a part of jface or
not? Or is jface considered just the lower level viewers like tree
viewer, table viewer, etc?

-- Scott