[geclipse-user] Re: geclipse very slow with lots of files mounted with gsiftp

> > I am using the latest download of geclipse. I have mounted a SE file
> > system (DPM) via gsiftp protocol. When I click on a directory with
> > lots of files in it (700+) geclipse shows the progress bar which goes
> > up to 100% fairly quickly but then it freezes for a long time - 5 to
> > 10 minutes ! Eventually geclipse comes back and displays the entire
> Well, you may be surprised, but this is a feature rather than a bug.
> Eclipse Ganymede is downloading file content (only few lines) to
> determine what kind of file it is. You're right! This is a huge
> bottleneck when you try to open a directory with hundreds of files on
> the remote file system. Please try to turn this feature off by
> unchecking this setting:
>
> Preferences / General / Appearance / Label Decorations / File Icons
> Based On Content Analysis.

Mateusz, i can't check right now, but do we have an entry in the "Known
issues" page of our help system explaining that? If not, could you please
add it?  Few people 'RTFM' anyways but  some will do ;-)

Thanks, cheers, Ariel

Back to the top