[geclipse-user] geclipse very slow with lots of files mounted with gsiftp

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Andy Gotz <andy.gotz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:23:06 +0100
Hi,

I am using the latest download of geclipse. I have mounted a SE file system (DPM) via gsiftp protocol. When I click on a directory with lots of files in it (700+) geclipse shows the progress bar which goes up to 100% fairly quickly but then it freezes for a long time - 5 to 10 minutes ! Eventually geclipse comes back and displays the entire directory tree. Is this a feature or a bug ? How can this behavior be improved. I cannot imagine our users having this kind of patience ;-) The same behavior is not seen with a local file system. In this case the files are displayed immediately. So the problem seems to be somehow related to the SE. Even slower behaviour is seen when deleting 700+ files on the gsiftp mounted SE (takes about 10 to 15 minutes during which time the user interface is totally blocked :-(). Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help

Andy

--- End Message ---

Back to the top