[geclipse-dev] g-Eclipse Benchmark Framework extension

Dear all,

During the last months, Kyriakos (which you all have met as part of the UCY g-Eclipse team) has significantly extended the g-Eclipse benchmark framework during his MSc thesis.

The extensions are based on previous work published and developed in GridBench and integrate significant functionality of GridBench to g-Eclipse. Specifically, the extensions enable users to identify Grid resources on which applications with specific requirements will execute faster.

Our intention is to commit these extensions in the repositories in order to be included in the g-Eclipse release train. No new plug-ins have been created, only the existing benchmark plug-ins have been extended. The code and accompanied documentation is of high quality and follows the Eclipse conventions. Furthermore, user and developer help pages will shortly be completed.

I would highly appreciate any input you might have in order to make this update as smooth as possible.

Best regards,

Nicholas.

Nicholas Loulloudes
High Performance Computing Systems Laboratory (HPCL)
University of Cyprus,
Nicosia, Cyprus

Tel:  +357-22892663
Email: loulloudes.n[at]cs.ucy.ac.cy