Re: [geclipse-dev] GSISSH

Hi Thomas,

> I've been working on the support of GSISSH in g-Eclipse the last few
> days since this was one of the requests the LRZ people had. The good
> news is, its basically implemented and works. The bad news is, I have no
> idea how to package it.

cool! :-)

> The question for me now is how can we provide the gsissh functionality
> in g- Eclipse? What will happen if we provide a com.jcraft.jsch plugin
> that provides the functionality (and maybe has a higher version number)
> - will Equinox use this one instead or will this just cause problems?
>
> If somebody has an idea what to do here please comment.

i'd distinguish two cases ;-)

Short term and long(er) term...

For the short term i agree with Mathias, that is the only simple solution i
can think of.
And we have to rename the bundle, otherwise we might end messing up
installations of other people (higher version number is a no-go, will break
at some point)
[ and now i see Markus' email: renaming the bundle would imply changing the
namespace... otherwise we might end up in the same problems if we
  create  eu.geclipse.jsch which exports com.jcraft.jsch and sombody
imports   com.jcraft.jsch without requiring a specific bundle name... ]

For the longer term, it would be great to submit your code upstream to the
author (ymnk@xxxxxxxxxx), and perhaps he is willing to take it. There is
already support for kerberos tickets for instance, this shouldn't be that
different (unless there are legal problems with the Globus libs (i think
about linking with GPL code and the like)). For that your modified plugin
should of course still work if the corresponding Globus dependencies are
not available...

Cheers, Ariel

Back to the top