AW: [geclipse-dev] FW: Accepted email confirmation for VO geclipsetutor

Dear Tran,

Welcome to the geclipsetutor VO. Let me give you some input to your questions ...

> I'm student of university of Reading. I am starting study Grid computing and
> i want to try using G-Eclipse to create Grid Project with geclipsetutor VO.
> However, i try to ping and telnet Information Service at address
> grid004.ct.infn.it (port 2107) but there is no response.

Don't know anything about this service. Anyways you should not need this in order to access geclipsetutor resources ... see below.

> Is this true that i will be possible to create Grid Project on geclipsetutor
> after being accepted to be this VO's member??

Yes!

> And is
> ldap://grid004.ct.infn.it:2107 the right URI of Info service

No! The right bdii would be this one:

ldap://iwrbdii.fzk.de:2170

But here is how you can easily import all the settings you need for setting up a geclipsetutor project...

There are basically two ways to set up a grid project for geclipsetutor, automatically and by hand. Automatically only works with one of the newer releases of g-Eclipse. So here is the automatic option:

1) Start g-Eclipse :)
2) Go to Help -> g-Eclipse easy configuration
3) Select gLite -> Gilda -> g-Eclipse Tutor from the tree on the left and press finish
4) When you are asked to trust the certificate of the Gilda server answer with "Always trust this certificate" and press OK

After the setup process you should see a project in your project tree called g-Eclipse Training. You should immediately be able to see your resources when expoanding the VO + sub nodes in that project. What did happen? The easy configuration downloaded the CA certificates, imported the VO settings and set up a project for you. This is what you have to do by hand if you do not want to use the automatic configuration:

1) Start g-Eclipse :D
2) Go to Window -> Preferences
3) Open the g-Eclipse preference node on the left and go to "VO Declarations"
4) Choose Import on the right, leave the repository URL in the upcoming wizard as is and press Next
5) Check the geclipsetutor VO in the upcoming list (which may take some time) and press Finish. The VO gets imported
6) Now go to the g-Eclipse -> Security preferences and choose Import from the right
7) Choose "The Gilda certificate authority" from the very bottom of the tree and press Next
8) Check the certificate and press Finish. On any upcoming certificate trust dialog select "Always trust this certificate" and press OK
9) Close the preference dialog and go to the g-Eclipse User Perspective
10) In the Grid Project View select "New -> Grid Project" from the context menu
11) In the upcoming wizard give your project a name and press Next
12) Check the geclipsetutor VO and press Finish

Your project gets created and you should be able to see your resources as above.

Cheers, Mathias