RE: [geclipse-dev] Job Status

> Concerning the memory problem Romain reported. What are the
> investigations here? Has anybody already tried to submit a
> thousand jobs? What are the observations? This is a severe
> problem and we have to find a solution!

Perhaps someone can now test this out, using the new parametric
job feature, which makes these kinds of tests possible. :)

I've experienced problems like this before, with another project
that we were developing which was trying to submit multiple
jobs from a java GUI client. In this case, it was even worse,
because jobs were only being run sequentially. Even so, it gradually
used up memory in the client because references to objects were
not being destroyed, so the garbage collection started to take
longer than the time interval between job status updates!

Sounds like some profiling would be good to do, some time soon.

Regards,

Ken.

Back to the top