Re: [geclipse-dev] Default file system mounts

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Stuempert, Mathias IWR wrote:

-          The root of the local file system, i.e. "/" (which works also
on windows and refers to C:/)

Be carefull with Windows. Why C:/ and not D:/ or Z:/ ?
I never store user files on C: whish is only system disk for me. Mounting only C: is useless for me. And mounting all disks can be to much...
I prefer not to mount ony root (on linux, too).

-          The home directory of the user (which is available as a java
property)

Again I see problems on Windows. I am not sure how many users store their files in Windows default user directory. I am not. I hate all the "My photos", "My songs" "My screenshots", "My Skype", "My eBooks", "My Nero", "My Evo" in the home folder. To much happens there out of my control. So I have my own "home directory" somewhere else (on disk G:/ ;) ). But maybe I am very specific user.

-          The workspaces location

Why? Workspace is just a set of project. You can access files via project tree anyway.

Regards,

Pawel

Back to the top