Re: [geclipse-dev] Gria Information Gathered

Hi Harald!

Harald Kornmayer wrote:

So from my point it would be nice anyhow to have a list of the
distributed services called a registry? Such a service registry can just
be viewed as a "bookmark" to the services as the bookmarks in browsers.
The bookmarks in browsers can only be seen by the user that creates them. The registry that Ariel is trying to install is a registry that can be seen by all the users that can access a specific GRIA Server. What would be very nice is a way to have a list off all the existing GRIA servers but since there is no central service of storing them (like an LDAP list) where the administrators must post their site when it is created I don't think we can have it.

My questions: How do you plan to sort the distributed services in the InfoView?
My first thoughts on this is that if we have a project with a GRIA VO nothing will be added on the Computing Elements Tree. Under the sites I will add the gria server name (for example iwr-geclipse.fzk.de) and I will have information about the available applications (subtree) and existing data staggers (another subtree). Under the storage Elements we can have all the existing data staggers.
How do you get the "complete" list of available services at different
locations?
For each GRIA site we need to know the link of its JobService in order to get its available applications.

Thanks,
Nick.

Hello everyone. I have been looking in how to get information about
the GRIA services and data and I have managed to get the following:

I got all the services that are provided by our example GRIA server in
iwr-geclipse.fzk.de. I can get the information in the following xml
format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="">

    <description>Application to swirl an image</description>
    <application-inputType>
        <name>source-image</name>
        <type>jpg</type>
        <description>image file of any type</description>
    </application-inputType>
    <application-outputType>
        <name>swirled-image</name>
        <type>jpg</type>
        <description>swirled image of the same type as input
type</description>
    </application-outputType>
</application>

As you can see I also get the inputs and the outputs of the job.

I also managed to get the data staggers that I had created with the
GRIA client in xml format like:

<ns4:title
xmlns:ns4="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";>MyData</ns4:title>
<ns5:serviceresourcetype
xmlns:ns5="http://it-innovation.soton.ac.uk/2005/grid";>http://www.it-innovation.soton.ac.uk/grid/resource/data</ns5:serviceresourcetype>
<ns6:status
xmlns:ns6="http://it-innovation.soton.ac.uk/2005/grid";>full</ns6:status>

As you can see I get the title of the data stagger and whether it is
full or empty. I think this information is enough for the infosystem
to provide. If you agree with me in this, then this means that we will
not need the registry service that Ariel tries so hard to install :)

Nikos.