Re: AW: [geclipse-dev] LFC support: Light at the end of tunnel

Kornmayer, Harald pisze:
> Well!
>
> Is that what we really want to use? We should be carefull not to overload the
> g-Eclipse framework with every "system dependent" UI installations. Do we
> distribute it with this windows UI? Then we should put the linux UI as well for
> the linux folk? And the poor Mac users?
>
> As I understand this, it is just a "wrapper" for UI command line comands.
> And it does not rely on any WS implementation. But may be I'm wrong!

Yes, this is just a wrapper for UI commands. But commands as *.exe files
are provided. I'm contacting the authors to obtain some useful hints
(hopefully they'll be helpful).

Well, this is what I wanted to raise:
MacOS-X is somehow linux like, isn't it? So maybe we're able to run UI
commands also on Mac. Except for Marcin's computer he won recently and
iPod Apple is not popular in Poland ;-)

So, we have to decide if we can relay on this UI commands.
Note: we don't have to have full list, just this LFC related.

We are already distributing platform dependent plugins (for vtk? opengl?).

I have in mind that this is not a good solution. That's why I vote 0
(zero) and I hope somebody else will decide ;-)

Why I posted this link was to show there is UI port to Windows, I don't
want to use any part of the GUI/wrapper - just the command line tools.

--
Mateusz Pabis

Back to the top