[geclipse-dev] Restructuring, part 3, done

Hi All,

I just committed the changes due to the restructuring procedure of today. The main work was done for the eu.geclipse.grid, eu.geclipse.grid.ui and eu.geclipse.globus plugins. Be aware of the fact that also a new plugin appeared in the CVS, eu.geclipse.globus.ui. Be sure to check this plugin out! A lot of other plugins were affected by the restructuring so you really should synchronize your complete workspace.

I tested the main functionalities of the affected plugins and for me everything worked fine. Nevertheless it is a good idea to test the changes. Especially the developers of the restructured plugins should test their functionalities. Have also a look at extension points, extensions and externalization issues.

One further comment. We had some check-ins during the restructuring procedure so I got a bunch of conflicts when trying to commit my changes. This is really annoying because the reason why I announce the restructuring procedures is that everybody has the chance to synchronize his workspace before and AFTER the procedure, but definitely not DURING the procedure. Even if someone did not understand this from the announcements or the discussions we had in our meetings before this should be quite obvious to everybody. In fact I ignored the conflict, marked my classes as merged and committed them, so the other changes were overwritten. The effect of this is that we now have two plugins that do not compile any more, eu.geclipse.glite.lb and eu.geclipse.glite.wms. The responsible person(s) is/are asked to correct these plugins as soon as possible since for further restructuring it would be good to have the results of the nightly build. This build will fail if the plugins will stay like they are (like it failed this night because of a plugin that was committed with errors).

Cheers, Mathias

Back to the top