[geclipse-dev] log4j issues / bug 191703

Hi *,

when I tried to build a new 3.3 target yesterday, I came across some changes
in the log4j plugin. I created a local update site with the head version of
g-Eclipse and tried to install g-Eclipse together with the newest Europa
update site, starting with a plain 3.3 platform archive. Well, I tried it,
but it didn't work - and I suspect that it isn't working with the last
milestone either.

I found out that it was a dependency problem to the plugin
org.apache.jakarta_log4j. In earlier times this plugin was provided by some
webtools features, but now it comes from Orbit and seems to have a new name
org.apache.log4j (which corresponds to the internal package naming).
Therefore the update manager was unable to resolve the dependencies and the
install failed.

I updated all plugins and features yesterday, but please add all problem
reports to bug 191703, if you experience any problems with that change. In
the next target I will remove the old plugin org.apache.jakarta_log4j.

Markus

Back to the top