[geclipse-dev] Properties view

Hello!

Since we decided to have information of the jobs (and of other information sources too) in the properties view, here is a link to an article which describes the different features of the properties view:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Tabbed-Properties/tabbed_properties_view.html

Great article, this tabbed view looks pretty nice!

Unfortunately set of tabs and sections have to be predefined in plugin.xml file.

As a result if somebody want to add new property to GridJob, then he has to:
1. add new class for property section (somewhere in eu.geclipse.ui.properties)
2. add section in plugin.xml

Better solution is to implement (or adapt) interface IPropertySource in GridJob (or better AbstractGridElement). Then if somebody add new property to GridJob, he has only to:
1. add section in IPropertySource::getPropertyDescriptors()

But TabbedPropertySheetPage cannot work with IPropertySource (it's not possible to create sections from sourcecode - only from plugin.xml it's possible).

So I will:
a) implement IPropertySource for AbstractGridElement
b) show property-view using standard property-view (instead of TabbedPropertySheetPage from mentioned article). Probably I will have to manually create tabs in property-view.

Greetings,
--
Mariusz Wojtysiak

Back to the top