Re: [examples-dev] Move to Eclipse Labs?

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Eclipse Examples committers...
>
> Just a thought... Should we consider moving the Examples project to
> Eclipse Labs. I think it's a good fit.
>
> * I'm not sure that the Examples really benefit from the Eclipse IP Process;
> * We've been doing a pretty poor job of community building; and
> * Our laissez-faire approach to examples development doesn't align that
> well with the EDP.
>
> We may be able to work out a way to keep the /examples URL with a
> redirect to either the wiki or somewhere in Eclipse Labs itself. I'll
> have to explore this option.
>
> Again, this is just a thought at this point. Your input is appreciated.

No, because I'd have to use SVN or Hg on Eclipse Labs (but that's just
me). I also think if the examples are hosted on eclipse.org, people
tend to view them with more seriousnes than elsewhere.

I rather find ways to modify the IP process to make it easy for
projects to host examples (maybe something analagous to an incubating
project but for examples that have some special criteria to skirt
certain dev processes, EDL only examples maybe, don't know... food for
thought).

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk