Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox Subprojects

Is there real need to protect different functional areas within the project?

Is there danger that a "website" committer might start hacking p2 code?

I'm having trouble understanding why subprojects are required at all. Equinox builds and releases as a single thing. There is a single website. All of the subproject repositories are in a single location. The only reason that I can think of to have subprojects is so that you can have ACLs against different functional areas within the same project. While this may align with the wording of the EDP, I think that it violates the spirit of it.

Is there any reason why we can't just collapse *all* of the Equinox subprojects into the parent and be be left with rt.equinox?

The CDT project, for example, does this. They have one set of committers. Within the project they manage who accesses what by social convention rather than enforced access control. Is there valid concern that we need to keep p2 committers from touching framework stuff?

Collapsing would solve the website problem, wouldn't it?

Wayne