[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] Some Packages must be imported outside of Eclipse
- From: "." <las-palmas-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:09:11 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=privatdemail.net; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type:content-type :in-reply-to:references:subject:subject:mime-version:user-agent :from:from:date:date:message-id; s=pdm200902; t=1340226597; x= 1342040997; bh=Nkx2irGlIIMxyT8+lp/sXyQcL+ZQ+lQmIxiJjn9ot60=; b=P hcqHC8d1w2f8be9bhfldkX2l0/KMVm89EzfNr/h1pWjB0AqUzfrMMVx1HV3ZCPbb ZuVZ/LGbg1Z//3I9qfLzDrSZoKjnvsO2LDqQHIutbWQP2ugV1900Oi+oE9klZsUK JIW8emFZIpHgmqrBm79NZn8j7qF7sQ6kpSyR3/dUM4=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120614 Thunderbird/13.0.1
thanks for your answer.
If it's not recommend to change the property to make packages like
javax.* directly available: Is it possible in Eclipse to automatically
import such packages when I use classes from them? I want to avoid the
effort to manually check all my classes for imports from everything
except java.* and manually adding these packages to the bundle manifest
before I export the bundle as JAR.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] Some Packages must be imported outside of Eclipse
From: Richard S. Hall <heavy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Jun 20 2012 22:26:55 GMT+0200
On 6/20/12 16:17 , . wrote:
if I start a OSGi bundle in Eclipse (Equinox) not only java.*, but
also packages like javax.* are directly available and therefore must
be not imported in the bundle manifest.
I would expect that you can import the javax.* packages, but you are
correct that you shouldn't/can't import the java.* packages.
In contrast, when I run a bundle outside of Eclipse (also in Equinox;
with startup.bat/startup.sh and config.ini) all used packages except
java.* MUST be imported, otherwise it results to Class Not Found
What is the reason why e.g. javax.* are not available outside of
Eclipse without importing them? Is it possible, e.g. with a parameter
in the config.ini, to make these packages directly available or in
other words create the same runtime environment like in Eclipse?
The reason is historical, I'd guess.
You can configure this via the org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation
framework configuration property, but I'd recommend against doing so.
Double check, but I'd expect that you can import the javax.* packages
in Equinox when running in Eclipse...you should always import
everything except java.* packages...
Thanks in advance!
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev mailing list