[equinox-dev] Some Packages must be imported outside of Eclipse

Hello,

if I start a OSGi bundle in Eclipse (Equinox) not only java.*, but also packages like javax.* are directly available and therefore must be not imported in the bundle manifest. In contrast, when I run a bundle outside of Eclipse (also in Equinox; with startup.bat/startup.sh and config.ini) all used packages except java.* MUST be imported, otherwise it results to Class Not Found Exceptions.

What is the reason why e.g. javax.* are not available outside of Eclipse without importing them? Is it possible, e.g. with a parameter in the config.ini, to make these packages directly available or in other words create the same runtime environment like in Eclipse?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Rene

Back to the top