Re: [equinox-dev] optional dependencies for weaving.aspectj

I'm not sure I understand why the fact that these constraints are optional is causing you an issue. I would expect the same behavior for non-optional imports.

If a bundle imports a lower version of a package and gets wired to that lower version, then later a new bundle is installed which exports a higher version of the package, I would not expect the importer to automatically get wired to the new package. This should only happen if you uninstall the old version of the exporter and refresh the importing bundle or you refresh the importing bundle to force it to re-resolve. At that point I would expect it to get wired to the higher version regardless of if the import was optional or not.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Martin Lippert ---09/15/2009 11:52:21 AM---Hi!Martin Lippert ---09/15/2009 11:52:21 AM---Hi!

Martin Lippert <lippert@xxxxxxx>

Equinox Project <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/15/2009 11:52 AM

[equinox-dev] optional dependencies for weaving.aspectj

Hi!

I am observing a problem with the optional dependencies for
org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj. We made the dependencies to some
aspectj stuff optional (which is good and works fine). But I also added
a version constraint to the import (which should be the minimal
version). But since the optional flag is set, the runtime doesn't wire
this optional dependency to available higher versions of the package.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks!!!

Cheers,
-Martin