Re: [equinox-dev] Standard way to daemonize Equinox

This seems reasonable. If you are not running an application, you want to specify the system property eclipse.ignoreApp to true.
You can find all the OSGi options at http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html

PaScaL

Inactive hide details for Jason van Zyl ---03/14/2009 12:25:08 PM---Hi, After puttering around for a few minutes I found somethJason van Zyl ---03/14/2009 12:25:08 PM---Hi, After puttering around for a few minutes I found something for

Jason van Zyl <jason@xxxxxxxxx>

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/14/2009 12:25 PM

[equinox-dev] Standard way to daemonize Equinox

Hi,

After puttering around for a few minutes I found something for
daemonizing Equinox but I wanted to see if there is a more standard
way. In my Java Service Wrapper I have the following:

wrapper.app.parameter.1=org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main
wrapper.app.parameter.2=-console
wrapper.app.parameter.3=5901
wrapper.app.parameter.4=-noExit

Is there a better, more accepted way of doing this? I'm attempting to
create a framework for building stock Maven assemblies for JSW+Plexus,
JSW+Equinox, and JSW+Jetty and I just want to make sure I'm using the
best practices for Equinox.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl