Re: [equinox-dev] Standard way to daemonize Equinox

On 14-Mar-09, at 10:16 AM, Pascal Rapicault wrote:

This seems reasonable. If you are not running an application, you want to specify the system property eclipse.ignoreApp to true.
You can find all the OSGi options at http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html

That seems to be down.

Is specifying this system property different then port listening trickery?

PaScaL

<graycol.gif>Jason van Zyl ---03/14/2009 12:25:08 PM---Hi, After puttering around for a few minutes I found something for

<ecblank.gif>
From:
<ecblank.gif>
Jason van Zyl <jason@xxxxxxxxx>
<ecblank.gif>
To:
<ecblank.gif>
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
<ecblank.gif>
Date:
<ecblank.gif>
03/14/2009 12:25 PM
<ecblank.gif>
Subject:
<ecblank.gif>
[equinox-dev] Standard way to daemonize Equinox

Hi,

After puttering around for a few minutes I found something for
daemonizing Equinox but I wanted to see if there is a more standard
way. In my Java Service Wrapper I have the following:

wrapper.app.parameter.1=org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main
wrapper.app.parameter.2=-console
wrapper.app.parameter.3=5901
wrapper.app.parameter.4=-noExit

Is there a better, more accepted way of doing this? I'm attempting to
create a framework for building stock Maven assemblies for JSW+Plexus,
JSW+Equinox, and JSW+Jetty and I just want to make sure I'm using the
best practices for Equinox.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl