[equinox-dev] Calling p2 director by command line freezes Eclipse on splash screen

Hi all,

I am trying to call the p2 director by command line to install a feature
using p2 (I suppose this is the substitute of the old update manager).

I was following the "Installing software using the p2 director application"
tutorial (available on Eclipse Help Contents > Platform Plug-in Developer
Guide > Programmer's Guide > Packaging and delivering Eclipse based products
> Provisioning platform (p2)) but without success.

question 1: Is the mentioned tutorial out of date?

I'm using the command line below:

D:\eclipse_ganymede_RC4\eclipse>eclipse.exe -application
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application -metadataRepository
file:/d:/myUS34 -artifactRepository file:/d:/myUS34 -installIU
myFeature34.feature.group -version 1.0.0 -destination
d:/eclipse_ganymede_RC4/eclipse -profile SDKProfile

This command is freezing Eclipse in the splash screen. No log is created
showing error messages, so I don't know what is happening.

Does anyone knows what could be rising this freeze?

Thanks,

Pedro Carneiro