Re: [equinox-dev] eclipse aspects - info not weaving bundle message

Hi Rowan,

After much help from Heiko, I got my aspects working in standalone
equinox - thanks Heiko!

:-)

I now have a followup question. If I close the equinox framework and
then start it again, then start my java bundle (which has been
previously woven with my separate aspects bundle), this time on
starting I get this message:

[org.aspectj.osgi.service.weaving] info not weaving bundle <my bundle name>

And my aspects are not used.

Looking quickly in the code, this appears to be because isEnabled() is
returning false, but I can not work out why, or how to make it
'enabled'.

This is typically a visibility problem. Lets see how we can fix this.

I added the caching service and started it but this makes no
difference (not sure how to use this service anyway).

If I uninstall and re-install the aspects bundle then it starts to
work again, but I really don't want to have to do this each time.

Hm, this sounds not good. Could you type "bundle <no. of your woven bundle>" in the console and tell me how this looks? Is there a require bundle dependency to the aspects bundle? Seems like the supplementer mechanism doesn't work at the second startup in your setting.

How do you start the equinox framework the first and second time? Could you try the second start with a "-Dosgi.clean=true"?

-Martin

Back to the top