[equinox-dev] How to use p2.generator in PDE build

Hi all,

I'm in the process of migrating our Eclipse based product to Ganymede and have
a few issues with p2.

Building the product as usual using the PDE build scripts works nicely but
creates a product that cannot be updated as it states 'Cannot launch the
Update UI. This installation has not been configured properly for Software
Updates.'

After quite a lot of digging I've found that the product must be p2-ized which
seems like a good idea. I also found a reference to the "p2.generator" ANT
task but absolutely no information on how to use it.

Could someone please point me to the right direction here? I guess I must use
this task somewhere in customCallbacks.xml or the new customAssembly.xml but
I cannot figure out where and which attributes to set.
--
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim
Senior Design Engineer

Back to the top