[equinox-dev] programmatically recognizing that a file is a bundle?

I have a user workflow where I want to treat a jar file that is a bundle differently than I treat a jar file that is just some archive of stuff.
Is there a definitive way that I should programmatically examine a jar file and decide "this is a bundle."

I thought this would be relatively easy to find, but it wasn't obvious to me. If there's code to steal, can someone point me to it?

Simon suggested I might crack it open and look in the manifest header for the Bundle-SymbolicName.
I was hoping there was something more definitive, like, try to create a bundle from a file and it will throw some exception if it's not a bundle. ;-)

susan

Back to the top