Re: [equinox-dev] Jetty Security Handler

Thanks Simon,
I ended up writing a custom HttpContext that does the basic authentication.

Best,
Amit
On Jan 2, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Simon Kaegi wrote:

Hi Amit,

You can provide basic yes/no authentication by registering your
servlets/resources with a custom HttpContext and implementing
HttpContext.handleSecurity().
This has been used to support BASIC authentication with UserAdmin although
I'm not aware of an open source implementation.

If you're doing something a bit more sophisticated where you need to
decouple your HttpContext from your authentication then you might want to
write a Servlet Filter. Unfortunately the OSGi Http Service does not
currently provide Filter support however you can wrap your Servlets and
Resources fairly easily. See FilterServletAdaptor in "cvsroot/eclipse"
"equinox-incubator/org.eclipse.equinox.http.helper"

-Simon