[equinox-dev] [prov] M3 Testing status on Linux

Here's what I've found so far while running the tests.  I'll finish the
rest tomorrow.

1. Basic install, run and update

- do not exit admin UI in between

✓ new profile creation
✓ installing 3.4M2 sdk
✓ running provisioned install
✓ update using admin UI
✓ run and verify updates applied
✓ verify updates in admin ui

- exit admin UI in between

✓ new profile creation
✓ installing 3.4M2 sdk
✓ running provisioned install
✓ update using admin UI
✓ run and verify updates applied
✓ verify updates in admin ui

2. Basic install, and update

✓ new profile creation
✓ installing 3.4M2 sdk
✓ Using the Admin UI:
✓ - look for updates, install eclipse SDK 3.4 M3
✓ Run and verify that the plugins have been changed
✓ Also check that the profile is properly updated in the Admin UI

3. Basic install from End User UI

✓ Using the Admin UI:
✓ Create a new profile
✓ Install the SDK 3.4 M2
✗ Install the End User UI
✓ - can't for M2 so assume 20071030 for above SDK
✓ Exit the Admin UI
✓ Start the provisioned install
✓ Using the End User UI:
✓ - Install the releng tools
✗ Accept to restart.
  - bug #208293 (Susan already fixed ... will verify tomorrow)
✓ Come back up and notice the presence of the releng tools
✓ Start up the Admin UI
✓ Notice the presence of the releng tools in the profile

4. Uninstall the releng tools from End User UI

✓ From a provisioned install with end user UI
✓ - Open the end user UI (Help>Software Updates (Incubation))
✓ - Go to Installed features page
✓ - Select the releng tools
✓ - Uninstall
✗ Accept to restart.
  - bug #208293 (Susan already fixed ... will verify tomorrow)
✗ Come back up and notice the absence of the releng tools
  - error:  "No application id has been found."
✓ Start up the Admin UI
✗ Notice the absence of the releng tools in the profile
  - at this point I noticed that the sdk IU was gone.  I couldn't re-add
    it, though, because the generated featureIU qualifiers (-7O7R-E7...)
    didn't match between what was then installed and what was in the
    metadata repo (from which I installed to begin with).  puzzling ...

Andrew