[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[equinox-dev] [prov] M3 Testing status on Linux

Here's what I've found so far while running the tests.  I'll finish the
rest tomorrow.

1. Basic install, run and update

- do not exit admin UI in between

â new profile creation
â installing 3.4M2 sdk
â running provisioned install
â update using admin UI
â run and verify updates applied
â verify updates in admin ui

- exit admin UI in between

â new profile creation
â installing 3.4M2 sdk
â running provisioned install
â update using admin UI
â run and verify updates applied
â verify updates in admin ui

2. Basic install, and update

â new profile creation
â installing 3.4M2 sdk
â Using the Admin UI:
â - look for updates, install eclipse SDK 3.4 M3 
â Run and verify that the plugins have been changed
â Also check that the profile is properly updated in the Admin UI 

3. Basic install from End User UI

â Using the Admin UI:
â Create a new profile
â Install the SDK 3.4 M2
â Install the End User UI
â - can't for M2 so assume 20071030 for above SDK
â Exit the Admin UI
â Start the provisioned install
â Using the End User UI:
â - Install the releng tools 
â Accept to restart.
  - bug #208293 (Susan already fixed ... will verify tomorrow)
â Come back up and notice the presence of the releng tools
â Start up the Admin UI
â Notice the presence of the releng tools in the profile 

4. Uninstall the releng tools from End User UI

â From a provisioned install with end user UI
â - Open the end user UI (Help>Software Updates (Incubation))
â - Go to Installed features page
â - Select the releng tools
â - Uninstall 
â Accept to restart.
  - bug #208293 (Susan already fixed ... will verify tomorrow)
â Come back up and notice the absence of the releng tools
  - error:  "No application id has been found."
â Start up the Admin UI
â Notice the absence of the releng tools in the profile 
  - at this point I noticed that the sdk IU was gone.  I couldn't re-add
    it, though, because the generated featureIU qualifiers (-7O7R-E7...)
    didn't match between what was then installed and what was in the
    metadata repo (from which I installed to begin with).  puzzling ...

Andrew

Attachment: pgpNt6HnQI9ID.pgp
Description: PGP signature