[equinox-dev] [sec] questions about EE for security

Hi Folks,

Some questions: I thought I understood (from Equinox Summit) that the recently approved minimum EE for Equinox 3.4 (Ganymede) was CDC 1.1/Foundation 1.1.

I see from looking at the equinox JAAS integration bundles (e.g. org.eclipse.equinox.security.auth) that the runtime environment minimum for those bundles is set to JRE 1.4. I understand this, as the JAAS work depends upon packages like javax.security.auth, and javax.security.auth.login, etc. which do not seem to be in CDC 1.1/Foundation 1.1.

So maybe I just answered my own question: it seems that the JAAS security bundles/plugins must assume JRE 1.4 (and can't/won't run on CDC 1.1/Foundation 1.1). So the implicit (to me anyway) idea here is that bundles that use/extend/depend upon the JAAS security integration also obviously must assume JRE 1.4 and not just CDC 1.1. Correct?

Scott

Back to the top