Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Thoughts on the engine

Inactive hide details for "Tim Webb" <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>"Tim Webb" <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>

          "Tim Webb" <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>

          08/16/2007 03:40 PM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Thoughts on the engine

This actually makes a lot of sense to me. It addresses multiple concerns including being able to present to the user an accurate statement of how much work needs to be performed, as well as allowing for much easier re-use in server-side scenarios.

<tangent id="2">
While probably not where you were going with this one, mentioning per-user operations reminded me of another flow we were planning to support in Maya where some software would only be available to certain users. If we were using user-aware repositories as part of the resolution process, would we do the filtering inside the repository? If so, how would we handle this in a multi-user scenario especially when a director/planner is being used server-side? Ideally I'd like the flexibility of filtering which software is available to which user, but currently the implementation / APIs do not allow passing of any handle or request-identifier to the repositories to aide in determining which software is available. Thoughts?
</tangent>