Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] Profile change discovery at startup

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 15:19 -0400, Pascal Rapicault wrote:
> Given that reconciliation may take a lot of time, or require user
> input, I wonder if this could be run "silently", or if we would have
> to present the user with the provisioning UI.

Ugh.  Ideally it'd run silently.

> On startup, what does the user has access to?

Their home directory, by default.

I *really* want to avoid prompting for the root password and mucking
with anything system-wide.  Everything should be set up by the RPM
installation which will call some sort of profile installation or
whatever in its %post (after the bits are put down) section.

Andrew