Re: [equinox-dev] Integrating with an external build system (Ant, Maven, etc.)

Eclipse PDE Build provides a headless external framework for performing automated builds.  PDE Build is ant based and contributes a number of tasks to Ant.    The build is based on Eclipse features and will automatically fetch code, generate build scripts, run those scripts and package the results.  Custom ant scripts and targets can be used in several places throughout the build process.

Eclipse 3.2 has new help docs that cover most of what PDE Build can do, get a recent build (RC7) from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/ to see the help.

As far as I know, most if not all of the projects hosted by the Eclipse Foundation, and most products based on Eclipse use PDE Build.

-Andrew