Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox Incubator Tooling proposal

Note that JMX was mentioned as one direction.  In practice anything developed here should be as agnostic as possible.  It would be good to stay away from the technology wars of this protocol over that protocol.  Scott and friends have done some cool things in that direction and it would be interesting to see if, for example, there are some ECF usecases here.

Jeff

"Chris Laffra" <laffra@xxxxxxxxx>

03/15/2006 09:52 AM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

cc
Subject

Scott said:

> I would be most interested in the tools associated with monitoring/mgmt of OSGI-based server apps.

The "nice" thing in the proposal is the proposed use of JMX, which has been designed primarily for maintenance of server apps.
So, the way I read it, consolidating event gathering in a common equinox location will help analysing the Eclipse IDE, RCP apps, and server apps.

Chris