Re: [equinox-dev] Roadmap?

IBM is in the process of preparing a contribution of a Declarative
Services implementation (among other selected services). Stay tuned...

I would have to say Declarative Service is the best to use. But in the
interest of full disclosure, I was the designer of Declarative Services
:-) I am also not very familiar with GBeans. But DS does fully integrate
with the OSGi service model and has certain desirable performance
characteristics such as delayed activation.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@xxxxxxxxxx
Office: +1 407 849 9117 Mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"John Wells" <jwells@xxxxxxx>
Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

<equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[equinox-dev] Roadmap?

Is there a roadmap for Equinox, especially where it concerns the
compendium services of r4?  In particular, I am interested in using the
Declarative Services Specification?

I have been looking around to see if I could find information about it
(dss), but haven?t found anything other than a handful of mail in the
archive.  In particular, I need to have a good idea when (if) dss is going
to be implemented.  I?ve even considered just implementing that part of
the specification myself in order to get it quicker.

Also:

Both DSS and GBeans are IoC frameworks.  Does anyone have any opinions on
which are easier to use? Better?  Any pros/cons?

John Wells (Aziz)
jwells@xxxxxxx