[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[equinox-dev] runtime console questions
- From: Enrique Rodriguez <erodriguez@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:11:23 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (X11/20041206)
1) Documentation (http://help.eclipse.org/help30) seems to indicate I
can use the OSGi runtime with the console on a port, I am assuming by
telnet, but this isn't working for me. I am starting the runtime with
the following command(s):
bash-2.05b# cd eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.0.1
bash-2.05b# java -cp
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.launcher.Launcher -console 99
I also tried with -Dosgi.console=99 and with quotes, ie "99".
The runtime and the console work fine, otherwise. I am on Fedora Core 2.
I want to run the runtime server-side, headless and disconnected.
Telnet access is a step in that direction.
2) Is this the right forum for end-user runtime questions?
3) Is there any intent to use additional OSGi R3 services in the
Eclipse IDE, in particular the Preferences Service and Configuration
I am interested in using the Eclipse OSGi runtime as a server-side
enterprise service platform. There is more info on our project here: