However I'm doubtfull that we can integrate
the dynamic-UI directly into the equinox drop, but we can surely make an
dynamic-ui drop available from the webpage.
The fundamental reason for not integrating
it is that there is a lot of people in the eclipse team that are selfhosting
with equinox and need to use the latest version of the UI: new usage of
API, test of new features, etc.
If you need any help to create your
drop, let me know.
Woody Huang <ywh@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/19/2003 01:36 PM
[equinox-dev] Dynamic UI available
Thanks to Rafael who fixed an bundle-uninstallation bug, dynamic UI (org.eclipse.ui.workbench)
is now working with the latest Equinox. The source is based on Eclipse
I20031113 build and is available off HEAD. Jeff/Pascal, could you
add org.eclipse.ui.workbench to the next binary release of Equinox? Thanks.
To test dynamic UI, this is what I do:
1. start a new runtime workbench with -condole option on
2. when the new workbench is up, do "status" on osgi console
to find out the bundle id for jdt.ui or pde.ui plugin
3. at the osgi console, "uninstall" jdt.ui (or pde.ui)
4. go back to the new workbench to see that all visible ui extensions (perspectives,
views, new project wizard, etc.) for jdt.ui (or pde.ui) are gone
5. at the osgi console, do "install reference:fie:<path-of-plugins>.org.eclipse.jdt.ui_3.0.0,
you should get a bundle id
6. at the console, "start" this bundle id
7. now go to the new workbench to see that ui extensions for jdt.ui should
be back in the workbench
If you want to start the runtime off the project instead of binary, the
org.eclipse.ui.workbench assumes other projects not in Equinox. You need
to fix the build path (e.g., adding external jars) first.
IBM T.J. Watson Reserach Center
30 Saw Mill River Road, H0-C23
Hawthorne, NY 10532