Re: [epp-dev] Neon M4 packages

Hi Andreas,

> - Marcel, the core committer of AERI, is on parental leave; his twins(!)
are just a few days old, so I imagine he is rather busy right now.

Congratulations to Marcel and his family!

> - I could implement the above workaround (non-optional dependency) but

am not even a committer on ARI; hence, I would need an EPP committer to
submit the change in Gerrit and promote a new milestone, which would
then need to be integrated.

You can just push the patch to Gerrit for C/C++, PHP and other non-Java packages (Parallel, Testers?) and then let Markus decide if he will merge it and do the re-spin.

> Do you consider this a blocker for the PHP package?

It's really not nice to see this error on every startup, but I would not say this is a blocker for a Milestone release. However, if we can have a quick re-spin then let's do it.

Kaloyan

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Kaloyan.

> Isn't it better if the org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.ui bundle changes
> the dependency to the org.eclipse.jdt.annotation bundle to be non-optional?
>
> This way, I believe, the org.eclipse.jdt.annotation bundle will be
> automatically included in the EPP packages wherever necessary.

I was not suggestion that the burden of deciding whether to include
org.eclipse.jdt.annotation should be placed on the package maintainers.
If org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.ui requires org.eclipse.jdt.annotation
to *run* (not just compile), it should be a non-optional dependency.
This would certainly be the workaround for now.

That being said, it would be even better if ECore could be made to not
introduce an unnecessary runtime dependency; a compile-time dependency
to @Nullable should be sufficient. But my ECore knowledge is rather
limited, so I have no idea how to achieve that.

Anyway, the question is how to proceed for M4:

- Marcel, the core committer of AERI, is on parental leave; his twins(!)
are just a few days old, so I imagine he is rather busy right now.

- I could implement the above workaround (non-optional dependency) but
am not even a committer on ARI; hence, I would need an EPP committer to
submit the change in Gerrit and promote a new milestone, which would
then need to be integrated.

Do you consider this a blocker for the PHP package?

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH
The knowledge transfer company