Re: [epp-dev] Neon M4 packages

Hi Andreas,

Isn't it better if the org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.ui bundle changes the dependency to the org.eclipse.jdt.annotation bundle to be non-optional?

This way, I believe, the org.eclipse.jdt.annotation bundle will be automatically included in the EPP packages wherever necessary.

Kaloyan

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 18.12.15 11:05, Kaloyan Raev wrote:
> Same issue with the PHP package on Linux 64-bit. I believe that all EPP
> packages that does include JDT are affected.

Strictly speaking it is enough if the org.eclipse.jdt.annotation bundle
is part of the package.

Now, this bundle just contains compile-time-only annotations like
@Nullable, so org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.ui bundle only has an
optional Require-Bundle dependency. Unfortunately, the code generated
from an ECore references Nullable.class, which requires a runtime
dependency.

Anyway, AFAIK the effect of this bug is 1) you get the error dialog
every time you start the IDE and 2) that the Automated Error Reporting
(silently) won't work.

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH