[epp-dev] Requiring Java 7 for specific EPP packages

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to start this discussion but both
the CDT and Linux Tools projects have been considering switching to Java
7. However, the Eclipse Downloads page contains the Hint "You will need
a Java runtime environment (JRE) to use Eclipse (Java SE 6 or greater is
recommended)". So my question is, would it be possible to have a similar
message per package instead so that packages like the "C/C++ Development
Tools" package can instruct users to install Java 7? I remember seeing
an additional page when downloading the Mac versions of Eclipse that
specified which JRE to use. Perhaps something like that could be reused?

Thank you,
Marc-Andre Laperle

Back to the top