Re: [epp-dev] Default enablement policy for Code Recommenders in EPP packages

I’ve mixed feelings on enabling recommenders by default.

There are many discussions about performance these days and I know that Code Recommenders can cause a recognizable delay when loading a model the first time ( <100ms but recognizable). With our latest approaches we may be able to further reduce this but it will certainly not get much faster than 40ms avg. So whenever you trigger code completion the first time on, say, java.lang.String, it will take 40ms to load the model into the cache. I’ve the feeling that this should be a decision a developer explicitly makes.

Regarding integrating Mylyn:
Should be simple. We could get together for an afternoon and should be done. I’d offer to maintain the small extension.

Marcel