Re: [epp-dev] PHP Package

I'm not affiliated with Zend since several months. I'm doing Eclipse
and Java consulting now and working on PDT part time only. In the past
I was anyway verifying PDT packages, so I thought it'd be about the
same effort to maintain EPP-PHP packages. That'd be a win for Eclipse
PHP users, who now have to install Java IDE first, before getting PDT.
No wonder they choose vim!

As for Zend, they have their own free package competing with EPP-PHP,
which in past was making it very hard for Zenders to get involved in
EPP as well. Now as far as I can see this free package is fairly
outdated (based on Indigo [1]) and Kaloyan is volunteering here, so I
read it as a good sign.

That way me and Kaloyan makes for some diversity. :-)

I'm not too hurry to introducing new package. It'd be fine to start
building it automatically and then give it some period of testing,
during which small PDT early-adopters community would be able to
download it and try (without announcing the package anywhere). Then,
the package could be added to downloads for SR2, or Luna. That could
also be a small test of whether the package lasts.

How much effort does new package add for the EPP team?

[1] - http://www.zend.com/en/company/community/pdt/downloads