Re: [epp-dev] Proposal: Customize Default Preferences for Packages

Am 15.07.2013 um 14:04 schrieb Markus Knauer <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
One thing that I like to bring up here is that I prefer to have a common look and feel for all packages. That does not mean that there's no room for deviation for single packages, but there must be good reasons.

Good point Markus! I agree that *if* defaults are applied they should be applied to *all* packages so that we don't introduce additional confusion.

As for the concerns about a specific preference, I think there should be some kind of community opinion finding (poll?). A group screaming the loudest is not necessarily a majority. At least, that's how I can imagine a workable solution for the packages to come to some form of agreement. Well, of course things would be different if there is a central usability dictator but so far we don't have one...

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx