Re: [epp-dev] Eclipse bug reporting query

Thanks Ian for your reply. That helps a lot.

Sandeep

On 11/7/2012 2:57 PM, Ian Skerrett wrote:
Sandeep,

I am pretty sure not everyone knows which product/component to select when
opening a bug. However, in most cases the committer who triages the bug will
reassign to the correct category.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Sandeep Krishnan
Sent: November-07-12 3:46 PM
To: epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [epp-dev] Eclipse bug reporting query

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about the bug reporting procedure for Eclipse.
I looked at several bug reports and am wondering if it is possible that one
may not be sure of what product or component the bug is actually present in.
I had the following questions.

1) Do all the end users know the product/component/subcomponent where the
bug is present? What if someone doesn't know?

2) If an end user reports a bug but with an incorrect product/component
field, then do the developers who fix the bug change this field at some
later stage?

I would appreciate any pointers or links to answer these questions.

Thanks,
Sandeep Krishnan