[epp-dev] Eclipse bug reporting query

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about the bug reporting procedure for Eclipse. I looked at several bug reports and am wondering if it is possible that one may not be sure of what product or component the bug is actually present in. I had the following questions.

1) Do all the end users know the product/component/subcomponent where the bug is present? What if someone doesn't know?

2) If an end user reports a bug but with an incorrect product/component field, then do the developers who fix the bug change this field at some later stage?

I would appreciate any pointers or links to answer these questions.

Thanks,
Sandeep Krishnan

Back to the top