[epp-dev] EPP Juno RC4 build

Hi package maintainers,

now we've got a build available that I think could be the final RC4 build:

  http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/juno/download/20120614-1725/

Upgrades etc. can be tested with the RC4 p2 repositories at

  http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/juno/download/20120614-1725/repository and
  http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging

There are some 'special' things that I should mention:

(1) Bug 382574 - An internal error occurred during: "Indexing help...".
The workaround that we came up with includes adding a new Java property to the eclipse.ini file. With this property set, the search in the Eclipse Help system should work even in case someone installs the higher version of the Apache Lucene library from the Juno repository at a later time. But it is important that you test the search in your package to make sure there are no bad side effects.

(2) There won't be the usual 'release' of the packages from eclipse.org/downloads tomorrow/Friday. RC4 has always been a 'quiet' release. If you send your +1's these packages will be the final ones that will be released on June 27th.

Huh, it's going to be a longer list... I hate such lists... :)

(3) Test the packages... if you find errors, try to find a workaround and document it. If you find a stop-ship bug, well, in that case we need to find a solution. In most cases this means that we need to rebuild (and test!) all packages again.

(4) Test the packages early... and send your vote to the list as usual. I'd like to push them to the Eclipse mirror servers beginning of next week to give them enough time to sync. And before doing so, I need your votes...

Good, I'll stop for now...

Thanks,
Markus

Back to the top