Re: [epp-dev] Marketplace Client

On 5/7/2010 5:11 AM, Markus Knauer wrote:

* Can we handle the server load? I.e. what will happen after the final release when many many many people will try to use the MPC to send queries to the marketplace server?

Denis has looked at it and we are doing some stress testing. It looks like it is okay.

* Are there other scalability issues that we need to address?

Not the we know of.

* What about the quality of content? I haven't looked at the MPC in the past few weeks but do you handle the case when a user searches for something and the MPC does not contain a URL to a repository at all || does contain a wrong URL to a repository || contains a URL to a broken repository? This could lead to some frustration of the end users.

I agree this is an issue. First step is to get people to enter the data and then we will start to check it.

Back to the top