RE: [epp-dev] Mac Carbon vs. Cocoa builds

Eric,

I am not involved in this topic at all, but I wanted to mention that
characterizing Adobe as uninvolved in EPP and therefore of no relevance to
these decisions seems a little unfair. Adobe has contributed significantly
to SWT on the Mac. Scott Kovatch basically drove the Cocoa port. So they
have probably done more than any other in helping Eclipse modernize its Mac
support.

I would also point out that Eclipse as a community is very strongly
interested in commercial adoption. If a company as committed as Adobe to
shipping great products on the Mac says they still need Carbon (and btw I
don't know where you got that information from) then perhaps it's not such a
bad idea?

In general, I find trying to paint any of these topics as an "us versus
them" debate is unhelpful.

My main point here is not to debate the merits of any particular choice by
the EPP project on what packages to support. And it would be great if Adobe
wanted to help EPP builds. We're always looking for more help!

Thanks.

Mike Milinkovich
Office: +1.613.224.9461 x228
Mobile: +1.613.220.3223