[epp-dev] Mac Carbon vs. Cocoa builds

Ian,
I find it interesting that the driving force behind maintaining the
Carbon build seems to be one member company, Adobe. And that member
company does not appear to me to contribute any resources to the EPP
project - is that correct?
Interesting, that is...am I missing something more subtle, or it is just
that EPP is doing a large member company a "favor" here? (not
necessarily anything wrong with that, I'd just like to understand the
motivations for continued maintenance of a "deprecated" technology).
If EPP is going to continue to maintain Carbon builds, it stands to
reason that whomever is most interested in having them available should
also be contributing resources. As far as I can tell, it is Adobe that
is most interested in Carbon builds, but are they actively participating
in EPP?

Sorry to be asking the "hard" questions, but this strikes me as somewhat
of a problem, unless I've overlooked or missed their participation (I do
realize that I'm somewhat new to EPP participation myself). The Eclipse
community (including myself) constantly tells users that they can't just
get what they want without participation; seems that we should hold
member companied to the same standard on specific projects, no?

Eric

Back to the top